Friday, March 27, 2015

Path To Forgiveness

It's Lent and that means it is time for the semi-annual penance service. I almost always go to the communal penance that is offered by my parish. I have to admit, though, that I don't always seem to get a lot out of these times. Oh, I know that we receive grace every time we go to Reconciliation but I know that sometimes I feel more consoled than at other times. I prefer to go during a normal time throughout the year instead.

All of this being said, i went last night and the priest that heard my confession, who stood in persona Christi was a beautiful servant of God. It felt like Jesus himself was walking with me, gently guiding me and bringing me to a place where I was free of my past sins. God always knows what we need. Sometimes, I need a stern father who let's me know in no uncertain terms that I need to get on the right path. At other times, I need a brother, a good friend to walk with me and gently move me back onto the path.

This is what I received last night through the sacrament of Reconciliation, at the hands of a very loving priest who let the love of Jesus work through him.

So, if you haven't experienced Reconciliation in a while, no mater how long it has been or even if you have never been, go now!! Make haste! The grace of the sacrament is waiting for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment