Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Musing

It seems that most everyday when I read the psalms the following phrase comes up:
On my bed I remember you.On you I muse through the nightfor you have been my help;
Last week I was on a street retreat which was an awesome experience. I will talk about that more later. Anyway, on the second night of the retreat I found myself sleeping in a hammock under the stars. As I lay there, I stared up at the stars and and just mused on God's creation and how he told Abraham that he would make his descendants as numerous as the stars. I thought how we are all a part of that promise made to Abraham.

Musing is a wonderful practice. I highly recommend it. Just find some quiet time and just meditate on the wonders of God. I often find it easy to obsess and over things in my life instead of lingering in that peaceful place of musing on the Almighty God. I have found that the practice of musing has reduced the time I used to spend on worrying. A pretty good trade, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment